Life Science & Technology
Hinweis: More information about the tuition fees can be found on www.studieren-in-holland.de/25,1,studiengebuehren.htmlSpecialisations
• Life Science and Education
• Life Science and Science Communication and Society
• Life Science Research and Development
• Life Science-Based Business Business Development
In recent decades, life science research has enabled enormous breakthroughs in our understanding of fundamental molecular and cellular processes and mechanisms of life. The MSc programmes in Life Science & Technology in Leiden and Delft are complementary.
Life Science & Technology researches the processes in the living cell. The cell is the building block of life, the smallest unit with the characteristics of living systems. Increased knowledge of the mechanisms of the cell can lead to a cleaner industry, better medicines, new methods for combating diseases and isolating enzymes for the development of improved foodstuffs.
MSc Life Science & Technology programme overview
The MSc LS&T Leiden programme consists of 4 specialisations:
• Life Science research and development (RESEARCH)
• Life Science & Education (EDU)
• Life Science & Science Communication and Society (SCS)
• Life Science-Based Business Business development (SBB)
The programme consists of three parts:
• Research internship
• Compulsory programme
Knowledge about genomic organisation, studies of protein-protein interactions and the characterisation of molecular structures have become central in modern life science research and technology. This knowledge forms the basis of the molecular understanding of health and disease. It finds important applications in innovative health care, in the pharmaceutical industry and in so-called ‘red’ biotechnology, and is the focus of the Leiden programme.
Reasons to Choose Life Science & Technology in Leiden
• Life Science & Technology educates MSc students in fundamental academic and applied technology elements within Life Sciences.
• This master’s programme is based on the collaboration between the two internationally well-known Leiden Institute of Chemistry and the Biotechnology Institute, Delft University of Technology.
• Students will become full members of the various multidisciplinary internationally reputed research groups.
• This master’s programme offers opportunities for carrying out research projects in excellent research groups worldwide and in industrial situations.
• The high standard of education and research facilities ensure excellent job prospects in industry, government and academia.
More information about career opportunities can be found on en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/life-science-technology/en/introduction
071 527 11 11