Air and Space Law (Advanced)
Hinweis: Tuition fee: 2015/2016- €15,750 (full time), €7,900 (part-time), €8,900 (blended learning option)
Air and Space Law is an intensive one-year Advanced Master’s at the internationally acclaimed Leiden Law School of Leiden University. This unique programme offers a combination of public air law, private air law and space law, both from an international and a European perspective.
The Leiden Air and Space Law programme is unique. Our teaching and research has a clearly defined European dimension and is in line with the highest academic standards. At the same time, the programme focuses on professional applications, particularly through its internship requirements.
The International Institute of Air and Space Law (IIASL), which houses this advanced master’s specialisation, is one of the leading international academic research and teaching institutes in this field. The Institute maintains close relations with national and international organisations and institutions worldwide and enjoys the guidance of a prestigious International Advisory Board.
This programme is specifically designed for:
• law graduates wishing to pursue a challenging advanced master’s study at postgraduate level, possibly followed by a PhD position;
• legal practitioners in internationally operating law firms, private companies (e.g. airlines, aircraft parts manufacturers), civil aviation authorities, telecommunications authorities, international and regional organisations and representatives from governments wishing to specialise in the area of air and space law.
This Leiden advanced master’s programme, offered by the Law School’s renowned International Institute of Air and Space Law, is optimally designed to suit requirements for professional positions.
Career options include:
• positions in law firms or in consulting firms with an aviation and space law practice;
• positions at legal departments of airports and airlines, aerospace companies;
• positions at civil aviation authorities;
• positions at ministries of transportation;
• positions in academia.
We are proud that most of our graduates find a high-level job soon after, and often before, graduation.
Leiden Law School offers career activities to all its Advanced Studies students in the form of international CV writing workshops and seminars on establishing global careers. This faculty-level careers assistance is backed up by the student careers service of Leiden University, which offers a wide range of services including communication training, CV checks and workshops on job application techniques.
After graduation, non-European students have the opportunity to stay for an extra year while looking for job. They can apply for a residence permit in the ‘Orientation Year for Graduates Seeking Employment’ scheme.
: International Studyline
phone.: 071 527 11 11