Hinweis: More information about the tuition fees can be found on www.studieren-in-holland.de/25,1,studiengebuehren.html
The Leiden University Research Master’s in Linguistics focuses on language diversity in the world. This diversity is apparent both in the vast array of languages that you can study, and in the wide range of linguistic approaches used to study these languages. The Research Master’s in Linguistics is a specialised two-year research-based programme run by the renowned Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL).
Choose the Research Master’s in Linguistics at Leiden University:
• Benefit from a wide range of linguistic approaches including comparative, historical, descriptive, theoretical, experimental and formal, and learn to apply these to any of the vast array of languages studied in Leiden.
• Choose from the largest selection of languages (varying from Chinese to German, from Papuan to Slavic languages, and many more) taught and studied at any institution in the Netherlands or the surrounding region.
• Study languages at the level that interests you: phonetics, phonology, morphology, semantics, syntax, discourse, or pragmatics.
• Tailor the programme to your personal interests, either focusing your research on a certain pre-modelled theme, or creating your own specialisation.
• Learn from researchers who have been awarded prestigious grants and academic prizes. The Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL) is an institute with a long-standing international reputation for excellence.
• Develop your own academic path
• The Research Master’s Linguistics programme encourages original and innovative research. You will have the opportunity to develop your own academic path in an environment that is international and inspired, and that has a long tradition of applying diverse approaches to understanding language variation and change.
You will also gain access to the internationally renowned research programmes led by Leiden University’s senior researchers – and the opportunity to join international peers from around the world at conferences, summer and winter schools, workshops and lecture series, connecting you to the leading minds in the field as well the latest academic developments.
As a graduate of the research-based master’s in Linguistics—and specialist within your subject area—you will be highly qualified to become a researcher within an institute, company or in a PhD programme. You will be qualified to compare linguistic data using advanced theoretical means and to apply formal methods in the modelling and researching of phenomena in language and speech. Outside of academia, alumni hold positions where an academic-level of thinking and working is required—for example within the publishing sector, teaching, in health services or ICT.
Some figures about graduates of Linguistics
How successful are they in finding a job?
90 % found a job within two months.
90 % found their first job at professional or university level.
100 % held a position at professional or university level when the study was carried out.
071 527 11 11