Zugangsvoraussetzungen: More information about the requirement application can be found on en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/physics
Dauer: 2 Jahre
Studienbeginn: 1. September (Studiengänge mit Studienbeginn Februar)
Hinweis: More information about the tuition fees can be found on www.studieren-in-holland.de/25,1,studiengebuehren.htmlSpecialisations
• Physics and Education
• Physics and Science Communication and Society
• Physics and Science-Based Business
• Research in Physics, Biological and Soft Matter Physics
• Research in Physics, Cosmology
• Research in Physics, pre-PhD ('Casimir')
• Research in Physics, Quantum Matter and Optics
• Research in Physics, theoretical
The MSc programme in Physics offers four two-year research specialisations, which are connected to the research carried out at the Leiden Institute of Physics (LION), and three specialisations that are more broadly oriented, and combine at least one year of the physics curriculum with training in which specific career opportunities in science-related professions can be explored.
The research specialisations are:
Research in Experimental Physics (from September 2015 divided into two specialisations: ‘Research in Physics, Biological and Soft Matter Physics’ and ‘Research in Physics, Quantum Matter and Optics’)
Research in Physics, Cosmology
Research in Physics, pre-PhD (‘Casimir’)
Research in Physics, theoretical
The combined specializations are:
Physics and Science-Based Business Business
Physics and Science Communication and Society
Physics and Education
The Leiden Master’s Programme in Physics is offered by the Leiden Institute of Physics (LION), an excellent place to study the foundations of nature.
Reasons to Choose Physics in Leiden
• The programme places a strong emphasis on research training. Students can spend up to 50% of their time on research projects.
• Leiden University is known for its top-level international research and excellent research groups, both theoretical and experimental, in which master’s students participate during their research projects. Many master’s students obtain their degree with a publication in an international refereed journal.
• The programme offers a wide choice of individual profiles. Specialisations have been defined within the Master programme, but there still is wide latitude for tailoring individual programmes. Individual plans can always be discussed with the study advisor and submitted to the Board of Examiners for approval.
• The close connection between the MSc programme and the Leiden Institute of Physics results in an open atmosphere, in which students are invited to attend lectures and symposia and to participate in scientific discussions.
• Students can start in the MSc programme at any time throughout the year, although September is strongly preffered.
All information about career oppportunities can be found on en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/physics/en/introduction
071 527 11 11
Hochschulen, die diesen Studiengang anbieten
VU University Amsterdam