Zugangsvoraussetzungen: More information about the requirement application can be found on en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/bio-pharmaceutical-sciences
Dauer: 2 Jahre
Studienbeginn: 1. September (Studiengänge mit Studienbeginn Februar)
Hinweis: More information about the tuition fees can be found on www.studieren-in-holland.de/25,1,studiengebuehren.htmlSpecialisations
• Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Education
• Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science Communication and Society
• Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences and Science-Based Business Business
• Drug & Target Discovery
• Industrial Pharmacy
• Systems Pharmacology
The Master’s Programme in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences is a research-oriented programme which covers almost the entire area of drug research. The programme offers seven specialisations, three of which correspond to major research themes in the Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences: Drug & Target Discovery, BioTherapeutics and Systems Pharmacology.
Leiden University has a rich tradition in pharmaceutical sciences. During the last 30 years, there has been a clear change in focus from traditional (bio-)pharmaceutical teaching to a more research-oriented training in bio-pharmaceutical sciences. This research orientation in the teaching programme is unique in Europe and enjoys a highly international profile.
The Master’s programme is designed and organised by the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) at Leiden University. The LACDR is a leading institute dedicated to world-class research and education in drug design, discovery and development. The LACDRoperates in close collaboration with the Centre for Human Drug Research (CHDR) and the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC). The mission of the institute is to advance the discovery of future medicines through cutting-edge research and training of bio-pharmaceutical scientists.
Reasons to Choose Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences in Leiden
• This Master’s programme is strongly research-oriented and covers almost the entire area of drug research.
• The examination programme is designed on an individual basis and offers a high degree of freedom of choice.
• Students participate actively in research projects of excellent quality.
• The programme is offered by the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research, a leading institute dedicated to world-class research and education in drug discovery and development.
• The institute is surrounded by a Science Park which includes several biomedical research institutes and biotechnological companies. • The institute is located at the Leiden BioScience Park, the largest life sciences cluster in the Netherlands with numerous biomedical research institutes and biotechnological companies.
• In Leiden, education in drug research at Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences can be combined with training in education, science communication, or science-based business.
• Students enrolled in the Master’s programme Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences work within a multinational environment and are able to operate on the international market.
• Excellent career opportunities at universities, government or (bio)pharmaceutical industry.
• Admission to the Master’s in Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences is possible throughout the year. International students who need a visa or housing are advised to start the programme in February or September.
More information about career opportunities can be found on en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/bio-pharmaceutical-sciences/en/introduction
071 527 11 11