ICT in Business
Zugangsvoraussetzungen: More information about the requirement application can be found on en.mastersinleiden.nl/programmes/ict-in-business
Dauer: 2 Jahre
Studienbeginn: 1. September (Studiengänge mit Studienbeginn Februar)
Hinweis: More information about the tuition fees can be found on www.studieren-in-holland.de/25,1,studiengebuehren.html
The specific focus of the Master’s in ICT in Business is on the alignment of ICT and management. The programme builds on a solid foundation of computer science that students bring from their bachelor’s education, and expands this knowledge and augments it with concepts and methods from the field of management.
The Master’s in ICT in Business aims at providing a deeper understanding of the issues, challenges and opportunities engendered by the rapid changes in information and communication technology (ICT) and its applications over recent years. These changes have caused major changes for individuals, organisations and industries.
The internet, and information systems and communication technology in general, have radically impacted our personal and professional lives. Communication technology has challenged our thinking on physical, geographical and industry boundaries, on distance, speed and communication, on how we live, work, learn, communicate and play. New business models have emerged, as have new types of entrepreneurship and new forms of leadership.
Reasons to Choose ICT in Business in Leiden
1. The programme offers a managerial focus on ICT and Business, combining the reputation of the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) with that of the RSM Erasmus University (ranked in the top-3 in Europe)
2. Both the faculty and the department have a strong international focus:
– world-class international faculty and focus on global issues
– small groups (30 students), diverse international student population (50%)
– cross-cultural team work
– study-abroad exchange and in-company research thesis opportunities
3. This master’s offers a seamless transition from most bachelor’s programmes in Computer Science.
4. Graduates of the master’s programme have excellent career opportunities, and typically multiple employment offers upon graduation.
5. Students benefit from the department’s strong links to industry with guest lectures, in-company research projects and placement opportunities.
After finishing M.Sc. ICT in Business, job opportunities are excellent and diverse, ranging from consultancy to IT management and from entrepreneurship to PhD research. Graduates of our programme are particularly suitable for a career path leading to Chief Information Officer in large organisations. They have found jobs in all the above categories, both within Europe and outside, in industry, government and universities.
071 527 11 11